The end of the year and the start of a new one offers yet another reason to celebrate
Another 12 months have passed; the time has come to kiss 2017 goodbye and give a warm welcome to a hopeful new year. Chicagoans can bid the year adieu with sparkling bubbles or craft brews, themed soirees or skyscraper views. The following celebrations offer a little something for everyone for a memorable New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
Before and After at 20 East
- On New Year’s Eve, 20 East is celebrating early with a night of drinks, dinner, and a Champagne toast. The next morning, guests can enjoy an all-you-can-eat family style brunch from 8 a.m.-7 p.m., including the holiday hot chocolate bar. For $45, start out the year right with Fried Chicken with bacon and pepper gravy; Sriracha Butter Waffles with housemade jam; Cavatappi Chili Mac topped with cheddar; Roasted Garlic Potatoes with truffles; and a Country Apple Tart with salted caramel and whipped cream.
- Throughout the holiday season, 20 East offers a hot chocolate bar at brunch and for special occasions. There are multiple topping choices included for $6: large and small marshmallows, whipped cream, chocolate pieces, graham crackers, chocolate pirouettes, candy canes, and more. Alcoholic hot chocolates are available for $10.
- Reservations for New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day Brunch can be made here. Brunch is only available to tables with a minimum of two people.
Join the Ada Street Secret Society
- You are welcome into the exclusive Ada Street Secret Society, for a night full of luxury, secrecy, and pleasure. Begin with a ceremonial drink on your way to enjoying an exclusive inaugural celebration. Enjoy craft spirits from an open bar; and Chef Michael Kornick’s menu of fine passed hors d’oeuvres with dishes including Salmon Tartare on nori crackers, Oyster Po’ Boy Crostini, and Lamb Ribs. Get ready for an evening you’ll never forget, or one you’ll fail to remember, the decision is yours.
- Tickets are $100 per person, inclusive of tax and service, and can be purchased through Eventbrite.
Sexy, Silver & Chic Toast to 2018
Arbella (112 W. Grand Ave.)
- Toast to 2018 in worldly fashion at Arbella’s Silver Lining New Year’s Eve party and dance the night away with DJ Phil Stone on the 1s & 2s. Partygoers celebrate the New Year in their chicest black threads with a premium open bar from 9 p.m.-12 a.m. featuring Avion Tequila, Absolut Elyx, Beefeater, Russels Reserve Bourbon + Rye, Cutwater Spiced + White Rums and passed appetizers. Guests may purchase general admission tickets for $100 (plus tax & gratuity) or get together a group of friends for a VIP Booth for four guests for $700 (plus tax & gratuity). Booths include premier reserved seating for four guests, four premium open bar wristbands, and a complimentary bottle of Perrier Jouet Belle Epoque Champagne (a $250 value) on ice upon arrival.
- Arbella is open on Sunday, December 31 from 9 p.m.-2 a.m. To purchase tickets, visit Eventbrite. For more information, call Arbella at 312.846.6654 or visit www.arbellachicago.com. General admission is standing room and does not guarantee seating. All guests must be 21+. Additional Eventbrite handling fee not included. Online pre-purchase for admittance only.
The “Resolution Rate” for New Year’s Eve – And All Year Long
- Inviting guests to resolve to embrace the spirit of play, eat the best cuisine, indulge in elevated cocktails, and take a more active approach to health this coming year, the Chicago Athletic Association hotel offers the Resolution Rate of 25% off suites for the night of New Year’s Eve. Included in this package, guests receive a $50 in-room dining breakfast credit New Year’s Day, nutritional consultation and discounted private training package with On Your Mark Coaching + Training, and a personalized rate good for use throughout the rest of 2018 – assuming those resolutions are kept, of course.
- To learn more information or to book a reservation, visit www.chicagoathletichotel.com. Advance booking required. Offer subject to availability and blackout dates. Cannot be combined with any other discount, promotion or group rate.
Get Down for the Countdown
- The rooftop restaurant perched atop the historic Chicago Athletic Association hotel offers guests three chances for funk and soul reflection to close out 2017 and welcome 2018. DJ Dave Mata’s Uptown Downtown spins an all vinyl set of vibrant soul music from every corner of the globe during daytime brunch on Sunday, December 31, prior to the restaurant’s first ever New Year’s Eve party.
- Guests can enjoy Chef de Cuisine Keith Potter’s canape selection beginning at 9 p.m. alongside bubbles selected by Sommelier Sterling Knight. The party continues with more soulful sounds from DJ Dave Mata of Soul Summit and Impala Sound spinning through the night as the ball drops at midnight and toasts abound. The next day, guests welcome 2018 with New Year’s Day brunch, feasting on the shareable large format plates and platters such as Buttermilk Pancakes with yuzu & lemon curd, blueberries, and Chantilly or the Shellfish Platter featuring Maine lobster, oysters on the half shell, king crab, and accompaniments.
- Cindy’s is open for Sunday brunch on New Year’s Eve from 10 a.m.-2 p.m., with dinner service from 4-8 p.m., and the party beginning at 9 p.m. New Year’s Day brunch is served at 10 a.m. on Monday, January 1. For more information and to make a reservation, please visit www.cindysrooftop.com or email email@example.com.
El Gran New Year’s Eve
- Esco Bar invites guests to put their dancing shoes on and ring in 2018 with a night of delicious food, drinks and live music. For $80, guests have access to passed appetizers from Ronero and a premium open bar from 8 p.m.-12 a.m. At midnight, a complimentary Champagne toast marks the beginning of the new year.
- Tickets are $80 and can be purchased by calling 312.600.6105 or by visiting ronerochicago.com/escobar-nye-2018.
All You Can Eat Crab at Fish Bar
- Feelin’ crabby and don’t want to go out on New Year’s Eve? This year, Fish Bar is ditching traditional New Year’s stuff. Ring in the New Year with All You Can Eat Crab, a prix fixe NYE dinner menu, or the good ol’ regular menu. The prefixed dinner starts off with an oyster shooter, curry scented lobster bisque, a wedge salad, and ends with all you can eat crab, both King and Snow – the choice is yours!
- The prix fixe dinner menu is $85 per person, inclusive of tax and service, and can be purchased through Eventbrite.
New Year’s Eve with a Michelin Star Touch
- Executive Chef Aaron Lirette and the GreenRiver team provide an intimate dining experience this New Year’s Eve, offering its Michelin-starred tasting menu for two seatings. The first seating consists of five courses ($125/person) with desserts prepared by Executive Pastry Chef Ji Hyun Yoon. The second seating begins at 8:30 p.m. with an additional sixth course ($155/person) and a Champagne toast at midnight. Highlights from the menu include Trout Tartare Parfait with egg, crème fraiche, chive, and trout roe and Wild Mushroom Agnolotti with sherry cream, La Tur cheese, and black truffle. Optional wine pairings to accompany the first seating ($55/person) and second seating ($75/person) are available in addition to a limited selection of cocktails from Head Bartender Amit Gilad and team.
- GreenRiver opens on Sunday, December 31 at 5:30 p.m. for the first seating with the last seating starting at 8:30 p.m. and concluding at 10:30 p.m. For additional information about GreenRiver visit the restaurant’s website and follow them onInstagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Blanket Bowl 2018
- On Monday, January 1, hold down the fort at River North’s favorite nostalgia-tinged beercade as the space transforms into a life-size childhood fantasy—a New Year’s Day Blanket Fort Party. All 14,000-sq. feet are fair game in the creative fort construction, and a designated area will be set aside for feather-filled pillow fights. Blanket fort-appropriate attire is encouraged, which translates to staying in comfortable PJ’s or fully committing to rocking an adult onesie. Beverage Director Zach Rivera serves up special cereal-infused cocktails for the event and throws an epic pizza party to provide fort-building fuel. Headquarters will have materials (blankets) on-site, but guests are welcome to BYO-blankets, which will be donated to charity following the event. Coverage leading into the college football bowl games will be aired on TVs across the bar and DJs will be spinning all afternoon. Together, HQ and inventive Chicagoans everywhere can reach their 2018 goal of using thousands of yards of blanket to craft the largest blanket fort River North (or the world?) has ever seen.
- Headquarters’ Blanket Bowl runs from 12-4 p.m. Tickets cost $25 per person (includes entry, 4 drinks, and pizza) and can be purchased here. For more information, log on to www.hqbeercade.com. Headquarters can be found on Instagram@HQ_Chicago and @HQ_Nashville or on Facebook.
Kick 2018 Off with Concerts
Headquarters Beercade (213 W. Institute Pl.)
- River North’s beloved nostalgia-tinged beercade caters to concert-lovers this New Year’s Eve offering not one, but ten opportunities for attendees to win a pair of tickets to the concert of their choice in 2018. Resident DJ Brock Manke keeps the dance party alive with the winners of the concert ticket giveaway being announced every hour on the hour. Tickets start at $60 for well cocktails and $70 for premium drinks. Both price points include chef-driven food and a Champagne toast at midnight.
- Headquarters Beercade is open 365 days a year; the New Year’s Eve celebration runs from 9 p.m.-2 a.m. Tickets are available via the Headquarters Beercade website. For more information, log on to www.hqbeercade.com. Headquarters can be found on Instagram @HQ_Chicago and @HQ_Nashville or on Facebook.
Henry’s & The Rec Room Go Bottomless!
Henry’s & The Rec Room (18 W. Hubbard St.)
- Henry’s and The Rec Room are going BOTTOMLESS! Yeah, you heard it right, BOTTOMLESS! Pants optional. Kidding…please wear pants. Bottomless drinks of all shapes and sizes will be offered. You can pick how you want to party this NYE with three ticket options. DJ’s will be bumpin’ tunes and there will be a midnight buffet that will make you say, “I’m lovin’ it”. All tickets include general admission, bottomless cup, midnight buffet, and midnight toast.
- Ticket options include: $50 Bottomless Blue: Bottomless Draft Beer, Red & White Wine & Henry’s Punch Bowl; $75 Bottomless Red: Bottomless Draft Beer, Red & White Wine, Henry’s Punch Bowl & Draft Cocktails; $100 Bottomless Yellow:Bottomless Draft Beer, Red & White Wine, Henry’s Punch Bowl, Draft Cocktails & Mixed House Spirits. All tickets can be purchased through Eventbrite.
Extra Fancy Fried Chicken
- Those staying in this New Year’s Eve to avoid Uber surges and expensive parties can still enjoy decadent eats at home thanks to Honey Butter Fried Chicken. The Avondale restaurant is back with their New Year’s Eve “Fancy Packs,” an elevated menu of their fried chicken and comfort food favorites available for pick up or delivery. The $95 menu feeds four and includes their famous fried chicken, topped with truffle-infused honey butter, as well as a duck fat mashed potato with saffron country gravy, snickerdoodle sandwich cookies, and more.
- The New Year’s Eve Fancy Packs are available from 6-9 p.m. on December 31 via in-house pickup or for delivery. Guest can order online through Honey Butter’s Caviar website.
Bottleneck’s Brew Year’s Eve
- Bottleneck Management’s participating Chicagoland beer bars welcome 2018 with Brew Year’s Eve. Guests can enjoy a three-course prix fixe menu with carefully selected beer pairings for a special New Year’s Eve dinner, a Champagne toast at midnight, and a video DJ playing videos along with ideal party music to usher in the new year. Patrons are invited back the next morning for a New Year’s Day recovery brunch to start the year off right, with menu items such as the Stuffed French Toastwith vanilla bean ice cream battered brioche bread, Bailey’s cream cheese, mixed berry compote and powdered sugar, and the Pork Benedict with smoked pork shoulder, poached eggs, and BBQ hollandaise on an English muffin with habanero hash browns and pico de gallo.
- Reservations encouraged for New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. Menu prices vary by location. Reservations for each respective restaurant can be made at the following links: Howells & Hood, Sweetwater Tavern & Grille, Old Town Pour House Oak Brook, Old Town Pour House Naperville.
Here’s to a Bright New Year
JW Marriott Chicago (151 W. Adams St.)
- Toast to 2018 with the city’s hottest music, delicious bites, confetti cannon and more at the downtown Loop hotel, JW Marriott Chicago. Enjoy all the party perks under one roof with the landmark, luxury hotel’s New Year’s Eve celebration to remember with multiple rooms, lavish hors d’oeuvres and more. With rates starting at $404, guests are invited to book their NYE soiree & VIP packages with the option to book additional room nights at a special promotional rate of $174 per night.
- For full party details, visit www.chicagonewyearsparty.com. To book the New Year’s Eve Soiree or New Year’s Eve VIP package, visit www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-deals/chijw-jw-marriott-chicago.
A Prime New Year’s Eve
Lawry’s The Prime Rib (100 E. Ontario St.)
- Lawry’s The Prime Rib invites Chicagoans to toast to the New Year at the former McCormick Mansion, adorned with lights, Christmas trees and holly, to keep the holiday spirit flowing into the new year. Diners can feast on a traditional prime rib dinner with all the fixings, such as the Famous Original Spinning Bowl Salad, Mashed Potatoes, Yorkshire Pudding, and more, while carolers stroll about the restaurant enchanting the halls with holiday favorites.
- Lawry’s is open from 5-9:30 p.m. on New Year’s Eve. Reservations can be made online here.
2018 Starts Here
LondonHouse Chicago (85 E. Upper Wacker Dr.)
- To ring in the new year, LondonHouse Chicago hosts a lavish New Year’s Eve celebration at the hotel’s Juliette Grand Ballroom, which boasts floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Chicago River and the city’s glittering downtown. Guests looking to revel 2017’s end and start of a new year may enjoy free-flowing Champagne and cocktails, a live musical performance by modern rock band Mike and Joe, a live DJ, passed hors d’oeuvres, a midnight breakfast buffet, and complimentary party favors and noisemakers. In addition to the ballroom celebration on the hotel’s third floor, the tri-level rooftop venue at LondonHouse Chicago, LH Rooftop, will also host a New Year’s Eve party on floors 21, 22, and 23.
- Tickets to the luxe New Year’s Eve festivities at LondonHouse Chicago Juliette Ballroom begin at $100 and may be purchased here.
A Gold Coast New Year Extravaganza
Maple & Ash (8 W. Maple St.)
- Chicago’s sexiest steakhouse is offering two ways to ring in 2018. On Sunday, December 31, start the celebrations early with Maple & Ash’s Countdown to the Countdown brunch featuring classic Maple & Ash brunch fare, countdowns every hour, and fun NYE accessories to enjoy with friends and family. Brunch is priced at $55 per person, with the option to add unlimited bubbles for an additional $25.
- For New Year’s Eve Dinner, Maple & Ash offers its dinner menu a la carte including favorites such as the Fire Roasted Seafood Tower, dry-aged steaks, and Ricotta Agnolotti as well as luxe holiday specials and a Champagne toast at midnight.
- Maple & Ash’s Countdown to the Countdown brunch is from 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m. and New Year’s Eve dinner will begin at 4:30 p.m. Space is limited and reservations with a credit card guarantee are required. Reservations can be made by calling 312.944.8888 or online at OpenTable. Maple & Ash is closed on New Year’s Day, January 1.
Make History at theMART
Marshall’s Landing (222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza; atop the Grand Stair)
- For the first time in its 90-year history, the Merchandise Mart throws a one-of a-kind New Year’s Eve celebration at Marshall’s Landing, the stunningly-designed restaurant & lounge atop theMART’s Grand Stair. Chicagoans can indulge in an expansive passed food menu from DMK Restaurants, premium drink packages, a midnight countdown with a Champagne toast, and party favors – all while soaking up views overlooking the Chicago River. Ticket options range from general admission ($95) to a private VIP Lounge ($1,000).
- Marshall’s Landing is open from 9 p.m.-2 a.m. on Sunday, December 31. Tickets and packages are available for purchase via the Green Curtain Events website. Additional information can be found on the Marshall’s Landing website, as well as the lounge’s Instagram and Facebook pages.
Ring in the New Year, Spanish Style
Mercat a la Planxa (638 S. Michigan Ave.)
- This New Year’s, the South Loop restaurant rings in 2018 with a creative menu of Catalan-inspired eats from Barcelona native Chef Diego Amat. The restaurant offers a variety of tasting menu options with dishes like grilled wagyu beef served with aromatic herb butter and crispy potatoes. Besides dinner, the restaurant will also be open for a festive New Year’s Eve brunch.
- The New Year’s menu is offered starting at 5 p.m. on December 31. Brunch is also available from 7 a.m.-3 p.m. that morning. Guests can make reservations by calling 312.765.0524
Go Out in Style This New Year’s
- Chicago’s craft beer bars ring in the new year with the “Go Out in Style” package at Old Town Pour House and The Boundary. The celebratory New Year’s Eve package, which goes from 9 p.m.-1 a.m., includes guaranteed entry, passed appetizers, and midnight brunch bites including Mini Stuffed French Toast with vanilla ice cream battered brioche bread, Bailey’s cream cheese, and powdered sugar, and Mini Breakfast Sandwiches on a green onion cheddar biscuit with a breakfast sausage patty, aged cheddar, and scrambled eggs. The night also offers a Champagne toast at midnight, Champagne bottles for $20.18, a video DJ showing 2017 hits leading up to midnight, and Snapchat Spectacles awarded to the snappiest dresser. Partygoers are invited to come back the next morning for a New Year’s Day recovery brunch, not included in the price of the package.
- Tickets available for $40 per person at Old Town Pour House here and $70* per person at The Boundary here (*price includes four-hour premium bar). Ticket prices increase after December 25.
Bienvenido a 2018
Ronero (738 W. Randolph St.)
- Ronero wraps up the end of 2017 with Chef Trevor Cole’s extravagant four-course prix fixe dinner. Dishes include Carne Ronero (12 oz. of skirt steak, beef fat chimichurri, confit garlic) and Arroz de Lisa (market fish, garlic rice, yucca, carper vinaigrette, alinos). For an optional upgrade, guests can opt for the El Gran Show course for a choice of Pescado Frito (Colombian-style whole fried red snapper, coconut-cola rice, fried plantain, pickled mango, grilled orange) or the Picanha (16 oz. churrasco style rump steak, rice, farofa, Brazilian vinaigrette).
- The prix fixe dinner has an early seating from 5-7 p.m. ($80 per person with a $20 optional wine & cocktail pairing) and a late seating from 7:30-10 p.m. ($100 per person with a $25 optional wine & cocktail pairing). Reservations can be made by calling 312.600.6105 or by visiting ronerochicago.com.
New Year’s Eve Aboard the Titanic
Split-Rail (2500 W. Chicago Ave.)
- Split-Rail travels back in time this New Year’s Eve, transporting guests to an enchanted evening aboard the RMS Titanic. Chef Zoe Schor prepares a $60 dinner featuring authentic dishes taken from the White Star Line’s 1912 menu, with some options for decadent first-class upgrades. The restaurant’s dining room will transform into the fated ship herself with turn of the century décor.
- The set menu is $60 with options for upgrades. Reservations can be made starting at 6 p.m. on December 31 through RESERVE or by calling the restaurant at 773.697.4413.
Toast to a Tremendous 2018
Tanta (118 W. Grand Ave.)
- Tanta invites guests to toast to the new year with elevated Peruvian specials from Chef Jesus Delgado. Sharable seasonal dishes to end 2017 include Cebiche Poderoso, an elevated take on Tanta’s classic cebiche featuring uni leche de tigre;Tiradito Chacrero, a wagyu carpaccio with parmesan foam, truffle oil chalaca and crispy quinoa; Codillo de Cerdo, a crispy pork shank with Peruvian corn pepian, panca and cranberry jam; and Plancha Chifera with Alaskan king crab, clams, market fish, taro root, sesame & black bean sauce.
- Tanta’s New Year’s specials, in addition to the traditional dinner menu, are available from Friday, December 29 through Sunday, December 31 starting at 5 p.m. daily. Tanta will be closed on New Year’s Day, January 1. Reservations are recommended and can be made by calling 312.222.9700 or by visiting OpenTable. For additional information, please visit www.tantachicago.com, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Fireworks & New Year’s Eve Flair
The Blackstone (636 S. Michigan Ave.)
- With sweeping, unobstructed views of Lake Michigan from Navy Pier to the Museum campus, The Blackstone’s guestrooms offer visitors the ideal cozy environment to ring in the New Year with a view of Navy Pier’s midnight fireworks outside. Upon check in on New Year’s Eve, The Blackstone welcomes hotel guests with the ultimate party package to get the festivities started, including flair to celebrate the new year in-room and a bubbly beverage to toast to 2018. With a state-of-the-art fitness center and Starbucks located inside the hotel, guests of The Blackstone can start the new year, and their resolutions, off on the right foot.
- To make a reservation for New Year’s Eve, guests are invited to call The Blackstone at 312.447.0955.
Two Ways to Countdown to 2018
The Godfrey Hotel Chicago (127 W. Huron St.)
- Get swept off your feet and enjoy a New Year’s Eve feast filled with dinner, dancing, and Champagne at Dolce Italian Chicago. Guests will enjoy a taste of inspiration from Fellini’s 1960s Rome with a charming, warm, and contemporary atmosphere complete with seasonal Italian fare. Reservations can be made at www.dolcenye.com.
- From the fourth-floor perch at The Godfrey, Chicagoans and visitors can ring in 2018 with sweeping city views at I|O Godfrey. Executive Chef Nathaniel Cayer’s kitchen cocktails and elevated American fare will be available throughout the night, whether for a celebratory dinner or bites while festivities take place. Tickets and tables may be purchased here.
The Lux Gatsby
The Gwen, a Luxury Collection Hotel (512 N. Rush St.)
- To celebrate the new year, The Gwen, a Luxury Collection Hotel throws it back to the roaring 20’s for Lux NYE 18. Chef Matt Jergens presents a four-course prix fixe dinner with two seatings at 6:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. ($85 per person including complimentary Champagne toast). Dishes include Beef Tenderloin with potato pave, trumpet mushrooms, marrow butter and bordelaise and well as Seared Scallops with roasted squash, torched onions, grilled rabe, and bacon vinaigrette. Wine pairing selections are available for an extra $40 per person. Following dinner, guests are invited to dance the night away until 2 a.m. at the Gatsby-themed Lux New Year’s Party accompanied by the Lydia Cash Band and DJ J-Stereo. Tables are available for $750 and include a bottle of premium vodka and a bottle of Veuve Clicquot Champagne.
- For those interested in spending the night, room packages start at $399 and include overnight accommodations, a prix fixe dinner for two, and admission to the Lux New Year’s Party.
- Reservations for Lux NYE 18 can be made by calling 312.645.1500 or by emailing Lyndsey.Ingold@thegwenhotel.com. Please visit thegwenchicago.com for more information.
Ring in 2018 at Chicago’s Peak Restaurant
The Signature Room (875 N. Michigan Ave.)
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve at the restaurant and lounge atop the iconic John Hancock Center. The Signature Room offers a three-course prix fixe menu with seatings at 5:30 p.m., 6 p.m., and 6:30 p.m., and a five-course prix fixe menu with seatings at 7:30 p.m., 8 p.m., 8:30 p.m., and 9 p.m. All seatings include a balloon drop at midnight and a complimentary Champagne toast; later seatings are accompanied by live music from Matt Lewis & The Union until 1 a.m. Additionally, The Signature Lounge features a $30 package from 6 p.m.-1 a.m., including one beverage and live entertainment from DJ Megan Taylor from 9 p.m.-1 a.m. After 6 p.m., guests under the age of 21 are not permitted.
- Pricing for the three-course menu is $125 per person. Pricing for the five-course menu is $225 per person. Includes tax and gratuity. Reservations are required, and can be made by calling 312.280.0465.
Ring in the New Year Charitably
The Talbott (20 E. Delaware Pl.)
- Get a Bed, Give a Bed: As part of the season of giving back, The Talbott offers to donate a portion of each room night booked with this package to Bridge Communities, which places homeless Illinois families and individuals in a two-year education-focused support program that gives the enrolled a chance to build networking skills, a well-rounded nutritional plan, financial coaching, and housing market advice.
- To celebrate the season of good cheer at The Talbott, reservations can be made here.
Forget the Fuss, Up the Luxe
Thompson Chicago (21 E. Bellevue Pl.)
- What better way to close out a year than in your own private Penthouse in the heart of Chicago’s Gold Coast? Thompson Chicago invites couples to up the luxe and ring in the new year all December long in one of Thompson’s luxurious bi-level Penthouse suites. Start the night out with complimentary Champagne and an Insta-worthy Fruits de Mer platter for 2-4 guests from Thompson’s onsite restaurant Nico Osteria. For an extra special touch, caviar service* can be enjoyed as you take in views out the floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook the glistening city; the background to your intimate and sophisticated “cheers” to the year ahead. When midnight rolls around, so will Thompson’s team, with a special delivery of chicken with wilted spigarello, spinach, & pecorino jagas from Nico, and more bubbly of course.
- To book for stays between December 1 – December 31, please visit here. Rates start at $1,700 per night; reservations are subject to availability and require 72-hour advance booking. 48-hour cancellation policy applies. *Caviar service supplement can be added for $20 per guest.
Raise the Barre for 2018
Thompson Chicago (21 E. Bellevue Pl.)
- Being on the road, be it for work or pleasure, is no excuse to skip putting those annual, ambitious resolutions you’ve been drumming up into action. Thompson Chicago is here to help guests stay on track and give their New Year’s resolutions a proactive boost! Partnering with local strength and cardio studio The Barre Code, Thompson guests can take advantage of a special Weekend Pass, allowing unlimited access for three consecutive days to any of The Barre Code’s four studios in the city. Guests wishing to bring their #fitspo dreams to life with this package also receive 15% off an overnight stay, custom Thompson work out swag, and a complimentary assortment of healthy snacks and beverages to power their first morning as their new, healthy self!
- Reservations for the Raise The Barre For 2018 package can be made here for stays between now and January 31, 2018. Bookings require 72-hour notice and are subject to availability. $30 cost for three-day weekend pass in addition to guestroom rate.
Ring in the New Year at the Ritz-Carlton, Chicago
(160 E. Pearson St.)
- Say goodbye to 2017 and hello to 2018 this new year at the Ritz-Carlton, Chicago’s recently opened restaurant, Torali Italian – Steak. Twinkling tones adorn the 12th floor with offerings that include a Surf & Turf special, NYE desserts and festive holiday cocktails in addition to the daily dinner menu. Toast to the New Year in Torali Bar with complimentary Champagne and light bites at the stroke of midnight.
- Celebrate New Year’s Day at Torali’s New Year’s Day Brunch on January 1 featuring an a la carte selection of brunch bites and cocktails.
- Torali Italian – Steak’s New Year’s Eve dinner takes place from 5-10 p.m. on December 31 with Torali Bar closing at 1 a.m. New Year’s Day Brunch takes place from 6 a.m.-3 p.m. on January 1. Reservations are recommended and may be made by calling 312.573. 5160 or by visiting www.toralichicago.com.
When the Clock Strikes Midnight
Travelle Kitchen + Bar (330 N. Wabash Ave.)
- The new year opens up a new world of possibilities to salute 2017 and usher in 2018, and with that, Travelle Kitchen + Bar offers three ways to welcome the new year in style: the restaurant hosts a four-course dinner for $95 per person from 5-7 p.m. with a Champagne toast to start, featuring a variety of items to choose from including Roasted Corn Bisque with chorizo, Serrano ham, and corn fritters and Seared Branzino in a white wine saffron broth with fregola, wilted kale, and wild rice. Wine pairings are available for an additional $40. Additionally, the restaurant hosts a second seating from 7:30-9 p.m. for $175 per person with wine pairings and offerings including Charred Lobster Tail with carrot puree, shaved fennel, and tarragon and Braised Wagyu Short Ribs with a black truffle Bordelaise jus, pomme puree, sunchokes, and maitake mushrooms. Wine pairings for this dinner are available for an additional $60. Finally, channel your inner Daisy or Nick as Travelle hosts a Great Gatsby-themed party at the bar. Embrace the spirit of the roaring ‘20s and dance the night away with a DJ from 9 p.m.-1 a.m. to hits that span the decades. Tables can be reserved from 9 p.m.-1 a.m. with a $100 minimum spend per person.
- Reservations for dinner can be made online at www.travellechicago.com or by calling 312.923.7705. Reservations for the Gatsby-themed party at the bar can be made by calling 312.923.7705.
* Feature Image: New Year’s Eve at Old Town Pour House (Photo Credit: Bottleneck Management)
* Information provided here, freely, by Wagstaff Worldwide, with light editing provided by Mathew Powers/APintOfChicago. I have been to most of these places and can happily recommend these NYE parties to you!