For the first time in Illinois, two of Wisconsin’s premier food & beverage institutions — Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Meats and Tyranena Brewing Company — are coming to Illinois and they are bringing beer and bacon with them. The five course meal will take place at Lawry’s fun corner spot, SideDoor, on Sept 13 at 7 p.m.
Sidedoor, the American-style gastropub housed in the former McCormick Mansion adjacent to Lawry’s Prime Rib, is no stranger to cool beer-dinner events. SideDoor has paired its menu with such breweries as Lagunitas and Solemn Oath in 2017. On Wednesday, Executive Chef Steve Goellner Cill provide a five-course menu that will celebrate the collaboration between the third generation family-owned Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Meats and Tyranena Brewing Co.
“This is the first event of its kind in Chicago – the Nueskes and the folks at Tyranena are crossing the border just for this occasion, and we could not be more honored to host them,” says Executive Chef Steve Goellner. “But come football season, the state rivalry is back on!”
- BBQ-Glazed Bacon Slab with bread and butter pickles, brat in a blanket, and whole grain mustard
- Smoked Duck Breast with assorted melon, Belgian endive, mache lettuce, and candied walnuts
- Pheasant Consommé and Pheasant Dumpling
- Cherrywood Bacon-Wrapped Colorado Filet with lobster claw, fingerling potatoes, and balsamic
- Bourbon Maple-Glazed Bacon Cannoli
- Bitter Woman IPA
- Brown Gown Ale
- Chief Black
- Hawk Porter
- Headless Man Amber Altbier
- Gemuetlichkeit Oktoberfest (which is being
offered exclusively before the start of Oktoberfest). Tyranena is providing the restaurant with three kegs of the Gemuetlichkeit, and this is the first time the beer will be distributed outside of Wisconsin.
$75 per person, excluding tax and gratuity, and include five courses with Tyranena
Brewing Co. pairings.
Reservations & Information
- Email Shannon at email@example.com
- For more information, please call SideDoor at 312.787.6768.